View real time information releases at http://www.facebook.com/bountifulcitypd and http://www.twitter.com/bountifulcitypd
No account with the websites is required.
The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning for our area. For the details of their warning see their website:
Bountiful City Police Department will be releasing information in real time today through social media.
Storm Safety Tips
- Bring grills into the garage
- Bring patio furniture indoors
- Keep informed of the latest advisories and warnings from official sources; stay tuned to television and radio stations for information and updates
- Trim dead wood and weak / overhanging branches from all trees.
- Be careful of certain trees and bushes vulnerable to high winds; trees near a home can fall and become a hazard
- Secure trampolines by turning them upside down
- Secure trash cans, holiday decorations—especially inflatables—and other outside objects that could become projectiles in high winds
- Have flashlights, battery operated radio, and spare batteries on-hand in case of a power outage.
- Operators of large trucks and SUVs should be prepared for sudden gusts of wind which could cause momentary loss of vehicle control.
- Listen carefully for safety instructions from UDOT and the National Weather Service.
- Curtail non-essential travel and outdoor activities.
- Stay away from downed power lines and call 911 if you see one.
- Should you have a high-wind related life-threatening emergency call 9-1-1 immediately
Remember that debris such as broken signs, roofing material, and small items left outside become flying missiles during high wind events. Extensive damage to trees, towers, water and underground utility lines (from uprooted trees), and fallen utility poles can cause further disruption.